- The main function of the Directorate of Inspection & Quality Control is to look after the quality of food articles all over the state which are distributed through Public Distribution System. Quality of different food articles and some non-food articles (distributed through PDS) are analysed physically and chemically in the Inspection and Quality Control Laboratories of the Dte. of I & QC.
- The officials of this Directorate ensure periodical checking of all storage godowns of foodgrains and impart necessary guidance to the Quality Control trained Inspectorate staff posted at various godowns under DCF&S regarding Quality Management & Disinfestations Measure.
- In addition, they inspect & draw samples of food grains under Mid Day Meal, Damaged stock & any other stock as and when required. Categorisation of damaged stocks lying in different districts is being made and recommendations towards mode of disposal are being done by Quality Control officials.
- Inspection of storage godowns of foodgrains, checking the quality of food grains, necessary sampling, imparting of necessary guidance and instructions regarding quality control measures are also the duties of a Quality Control official.
- Regular Inspection and drawl of Exhibit samples from 88 empanelled Flour Mills are done for chemical analysis of Fortified Atta.
- Drawal (if necessity arises) and analysis of samples of sugar supplied by WBECSC Ltd. before delivery to P.D.S. is done by this Directorate..
- Daily testing of Fortified Atta is done at Chemical Laboratory as received from DCF&S point .Apart from that food grains including rice, wheat and some other cereals are tested at Physical Laboratory. .
- Testing of Fortified Atta and food grains are also done against Coded samples sent from
- DDP & S/DR. Testing also held of samples received from DCF&S/DDR points against different complaints/public grievances..
- This Directorate also arranges training programmes to impart Quality Control Management Training to the Inspectorate officials of DCF&S concerned as and when required with the help of technical Quality Control experts of this Directorate.